**REGARDING THE COVID-19 VIRUS**
The City of Monroe is actively engaged with the Monroe Fire Department, Monroe Police Department as well as our local and regional partners with regards to our administrative response to the COVID-19 virus. This response may be modified as further information becomes available.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 the City of Monroe administrative offices will be closed to the public until further notice. Staff will continue to provide services via phone and email during standard operating hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Permits and inquiries are to be submitted via email only. Inspections are still being scheduled with National Inspection Corporation (NIC) at 888-433-4642. For questions or submissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-539-7374.
The Development Department is responsible for the planning, zoning, and building functions in the city.
The Development Department has the following duties:
- Review of permit applications for zoning compliance
- Assistance to the public regarding planning and zoning processes
- Coordination with developers, other city departments, community groups, and outside organizations through the development process
- Implementation of various strategic and long-range planning studies
- Enforcement and Inspection of zoning code or property maintenance violations
- Issuance of approval for lot splits, consolidations and subdivision plats
- Provide GIS and mapping services for the city
- Serve the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals