**REGARDING THE COVID-19 VIRUS**
The City of Monroe is actively engaged with the Monroe Fire Department, Monroe Police Department, as well as our local and regional partners with regards to our administrative response to the COVID-19 virus. This response may be modified as further information becomes available.
- We strongly encourage permits and inquiries be submitted via email or the drop off area as mentioned. Inspections are still being scheduled with National Inspection Corporation (NIC) at 888-433-4642. For questions or submittals contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-539-7374.
- The only entrance to the City Building will be the lower level entrance in the back of the building. Only two people at a time will be able to be assisted and this will only be at the front desk and the tax window on the second floor. Mayor’s Court is also opened during these times.
The Development Department is responsible for the planning, zoning, and building functions in the city.
The Development Department has the following duties:
- Review of permit applications for zoning compliance
- Assistance to the public regarding planning and zoning processes
- Coordination with developers, other city departments, community groups, and outside organizations through the development process
- Implementation of various strategic and long-range planning studies
- Enforcement and Inspection of zoning code or property maintenance violations
- Issuance of approval for lot splits, consolidations and subdivision plats
- Provide GIS and mapping services for the city
- Serve the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals