**REGARDING THE COVID-19 VIRUS**
The City of Monroe is actively engaged with the Monroe Fire Department, Monroe Police Department, as well as our local and regional partners with regards to our administrative response to the COVID-19 virus. This response may be modified as further information becomes available.
- Permits and inquiries may be submitted via email or the drop off area as mentioned. Inspections are being scheduled as normal with National Inspection Corporation (NIC) at 888-433-4642. For questions or submittals contact email@example.com or 513-539-7374.
The Development Department is responsible for the planning, zoning, and building functions in the city.
The Development Department has the following duties:
- Review of permit applications for zoning compliance
- Assistance to the public regarding planning and zoning processes
- Coordination with developers, other city departments, community groups, and outside organizations through the development process
- Implementation of various strategic and long-range planning studies
- Enforcement and Inspection of zoning code or property maintenance violations
- Issuance of approval for lot splits, consolidations and subdivision plats
- Provide GIS and mapping services for the city
- Serve the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals