- Billing & Collections
- How to Read Your Bill
How to Read Your Bill
- Customer Number – this is your customer ID (CID) number. Use this number when you call in with billing questions.
- Account Number – This is your account number. Use this number when you call in with billing questions, to set up your online account, and if you make payments with Bill Payer through your online banking,
- Previous Balance – The amount you carried over from previous months bills.
- Last Payment Of – The last payment you made and the date you made it.
- Current Billing – The combined total of your current charges (the charges in box 9).
- Amount Due – The combined total of your previous balance and your current billing.
- Due Date – When the bill must be paid to avoid penalties.
- Amount After Due Date – Amount due after penalties on your current billing.
- This section includes the detail of your current monthly charges. See the table of charge codes and their descriptions listed below. The rates for each of these charges can be found here.
- This section contains important information about your payments.
- This is where important messages from the City of Monroe Utility Billing Department will be printed each month.
- This is the remittance stub to be mailed in or dropped off with your payment.
|1WATER||Your main water usage.|
|1WATER||If there is more than one 1WATER on your bill, it is for the additional meter at your location.|
|2WATER FL||The monthly flat rate administration fee for the main meters|
|3SEWER||This is your monthly sewer usage, which is based upon the monthly main water usage. Butler County Department of Environmental Services provides these rates. In the summer months, Butler County authorizes the City of Monroe to allow a summer sewer credit. Click here for more information about the summer sewer credit.|
|4SEWER FL||This is a Basic Facilities Charge (BFC) mandated by Butler County Department of Environmental Services. This is a flat fee for the connection to the County’s sewer system.|
|5TRASH||The trash service fee.|
|7STORM||This is a mandated charge by the EPA for storm drains, ditches, and impervious surfaces.|
|8LIGHT||This is the street light utility assessment. Click here for more information about the street light utility assessment.|
|9METER||This is the water meter replacement & reading equipment fee. Click here for more information about this fee.|