The Mound Cemetery Association was organized in 1859 under special charter of the statutes of Ohio passed February 24, 1848. The Village of Monroe deeded the Mound Cemetery to the Lemon Township Board of Trustees to manage and maintain on May 19, 1941. In the mid 1990s the responsibility of the Mound Cemetery was given back to the City of Monroe. Today there are ten sections with plots still available in this tranquil space for reflection and remembrance. Mound Cemetery is located at 560 S Main Street, Monroe, Ohio 45050 and can be accessed via the South Main Street entrance.